Marjan Vahdat was born in Tehran in 1976. She studied piano with Minoo Mohebbi and Persian traditional singing with Pari Maleki. Here subsequent singing instructors were Mehdi Fallah and Sima Bina. Ramin Kakavand and Masoud Shoari have been her setar teachers.
- 1997-9: With Khonya Ensemble
of Pari Maleki, Niavaran Cultural and Artistic Center, Tehran.
- 1997: With Hamnava Ensemble of Majid Derakhshani, Nawa Center, Cologne.
- 1999: Hamnava Ensemble Tour Cologne, Hamburg, Akhen, Hanover, Amsterdam, London.
- 1998: With Reza Derakhshani, University of Washington, Seattle; Austin University, Texas; Saint Bartholomew's Church, New York.
- 2000: Eastern Music Festival, Mandapa Hall, Paris.
- 2002: With Rumi ensemble of Reza Abaee, Spic-Macay Festival, India, Punjab.
- With with Farhad
Moraffah in Cultures, "Help the children"
- With Erik Hillestat in Voggersanger fra ondskapensakse (Lullabies from the Axis of Evil), the CD was a joint effort by female singer from Iran, Iraq, Palestine, Denmark, Sweden and Norway
- With Atabak Elyasi on I am Eve
- Twinklings of Hope.